Your pet may have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Red and swollen paws
- Hair loss on the paws
- The dog licks and bites the paws too much
- Sores on the paws
- Swollen pads
- Bacterial infection
- Immune-mediated diseases
- Tumors or cysts
- Autoimmune diseases
- Trauma – foreign object, irritation on hard surface, hot pavement
- Environment – humidity, rainy
- Hormonal diseases
- No known cause
How is pododermatitis treated?
The treatment of pododermatitis will depend on the cause of the inflammation. It may involve a combination of ointments and medication. If the foot is only mildly inflamed, it may be enough to review hygiene practices and improve the animal’s environment. If the infection has progressed further, the animal will need pain medication and in some cases a soft bandage.
Treatment of Pododermatitis with PowerCure Pro
- Using low level energy lasers like PowerCure Pro to treat pododermatitis is successful in many cases, providing significant relief for the swollen paws and to treat the actual inflammation.
- PowerCure Pro is effective for the treatment of pain. The device helps to treat inflammation and reduces pain and swelling.
PowerCure Pro provides cutting-edge laser therapy, offering the power of professional lasers used in clinics, in a lightweight portable device that can be used from the comfort of home.
With no medication required, the treatment is safe, effective and provides lasting pain relief. PowerCure Pro’s restorative power is provided by advanced laser technology.
PowerCure Pro is placed in contact with the skin so that the photon energy can penetrate the tissues. This stimulates the body to produce adenosine triphosphate, also known as ATP, which carries energy into the cells. ATP interacts with various biomolecules inside the cells, promoting normal cell function and enhancing the body’s natural healing processes.
Low energy laser therapy (LLLT) is a treatment method that is gaining in popularity. Using lasers, we can manage pain, swelling and inflammation throughout the body. By focusing on affected tissues at the cellular level, these Class 3B medical lasers trigger beneficial physiological activities to promote healing and repair – where and when it is needed most. This results in:
- Increased production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate)
- Increased cell metabolism
- Increased collagen production
- Increased enzyme production
- Increased protein synthesis
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved lymphatic flow and drainage
- Reduced inflammation
The benefits of these therapeutic effects on dogs and cats are numerous, including accelerating healing and reducing chronic pain, as well as reducing pain, inflammation and drug consumption. LLLT has been proven to be safe and effective with no known side effects and can be safely used at home.
Please read the PowerCure Pro user manual carefully before performing any treatment. Always wear protective eyewear when using your PowerCure Pro. Do not expose others in your environment to the laser beams when treating with PowerCure Pro.
- Continuous – Direct pain relief
- Pulsed – Long-term healing & reduce inflammation
Select energy level:
- 1 superficial – 3 deep treatment
Treat painful toes on the top and bottom. Try to separate the toes to treat between. Treat 30 seconds on the same point. Repeat 3 times. For optimal results, repeat the treatment at least twice a day.
The effect varies, so continue to use your PowerCure PRO. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.